Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why I Love my City !!!

7 Different reasons I love my city:

Energy Savings

My city has regular periodic (approved – not me but some one has approved) power cuts, which has helped me in my education, skills and knowledge upgrading and other such literary activities

Earlier I used to watch so much TV on weekends and even after coming back from work daily. These power cuts have helped me by not watching TV. So I spend my time now by reading so many magazines, and books. Also cooking has become my favorite past time.

Environment Friendly

The power cuts have reduced the production (non-existent) and my usage (which is hardly any – 110 units /month) considerably, thereby decreasing the GHG emissions in the atmosphere. At this rate, we will comply with Kyoto protocol by next year only; don’t have to wait till 2012.

Savings

Due to the power cuts, my electricity bill has reduced drastically, there by less usage of my microwave used for majority of pre-cooking and post cooking activities. Also the usage of all electronic equipment and heaters, thereby increasing the life of all white goods used. Also the time and effort in cooking is saved.

Health

Health has improved to a great extent as I eat outside most of my time. This is due to the avoidance of my extremely oily, fried food cooking. Hence less cooking, leading to more additional time, more reading and more improvement under #1.

Social Life

Earlier, I used to be home most of the time, watching TV or doing something at home. Now, I spend more time checking out my neighbors (some good? looking girls) and other buildings. Thereby my eyesight has also improved. I go out for movies to theatres, thereby improving my social life. More people know who I am now than they new before. Great beginnings!!!!

Infrastructure

The infrastructure like roads and other things are so poor, that u don’t feel like spending time outside at all either driving or doing anything. (Once u shop, u spend more; the less u go out, more the savings).

The roads have pits the size of my car, so it’s pretty cool that my car can sit in any of the pit lane at any time. It’s like parking basically, U Park in the pit and wait for the tow truck to come and take it out.

Ownership and Patriotism

In this part of the country, people take ownership of the road, as if it is their own (Built to drive formula). They drive according to their wishes and are in total control of themselves. They don’t bother who else is driving on the road. They spit only next to them, thereby not intruding in others spitting zone.

Such a pleasure to be in such circumstances…. I keep telling my friends. If I ever leave my job and go somewhere, I will surely remember the city only. Definitely, as other things are not worth remembering…. Friends, office, work, colleagues have never left me any memories… it’s only the city that is etched in my memory forever…

So many benefits in one city!!! The dream of the future….

No comments:

 
© 2009-10 Gopal V. Kavalireddi. All Rights Reserved. All information enclosed within the blog, contains public, restricted and/or privileged information and is intended only for reading /viewing. You cannot disseminate, modify, copy/plagiarize or take action without written permission from the author of the blog.